I restored a Hyper-V virtual machine by creating a new VM and use the existing VHD file. After the server booted up, I logon into it and tried to change the IP address to the original one. A warning popped up saying like ‘microsoft virtual machine bus network adapter is hidden from the network connection folder …’
Obviously, this is the previous network adapter configuration which is still kept in the operating system. To remove the old hidden ones, I did the followings:
Click Start, click Run, type cmd.exe, and then press ENTER.
- Type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1, and then press ENTER.
- Type Start DEVMGMT.MSC, and then press ENTER.
- Click View, and then click Show Hidden Devices.
- Expand the Network Adapters tree.
- Right-click the dimmed network adapter, and then click Uninstall.