There are two ways to manage TSM server: Command line or GUI.
1) If you use command line which I think is the better way. You need to install the Administrative client.
Double click ‘C:\TSM_Images\TSM_BA_Client_18.104.22.168\setup.exe’
Make sure you enable ‘Administrative Client Command Line’.
2) Configure the client option file.
Copy ‘C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\config\dsm.smp’ to ‘C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\’ and rename it to dsm.opt. Add the following two lines into the file.
3) Launch the Administrative Command line from the Start menu.
Type ‘admin1’ and the password
3) Register the license by running ‘register license file=tsmee.lic’
You can run a few command to check your settings.
The GUI management tool is called ‘Administration Center’ which is web based.
1) Double click ‘C:\TSM_Images\TSM_Administration_Center_6.3\install.exe’
type the username and password, this is the admin for the GUI tool.
2) After the installation completed. Type ‘https://TSM_Sandbox:16310/ibm/console/login.do?action=secure’ in the Internet Browser, and login with the account created above.