It took me some time to get this one work, here are a couple of gotchas I learned.
- If the Fingerprint option is greyed out with a note ‘*Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization’. The fix is to update the registry key – [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System] “AllowDomainPINLogon”=dword:00000001
- If the fingerprint sensor is not responding during the setup. The fix is to update the the driver to the latest version.
- You need to setup a PIN along with your Fingerprint login.
- If the fingerprint login is not listed as an option in the login window. The fix is enable the following options in the gpedit.msc.
- You don’t need to type username for login. Just press your finger on the fingerprint sensor. So does unlocking.